- Continuously variable detented Gain, Threshold, Attack, Ratio and Release controls
- 10 segment LED meters show Gain Reduction and selectable Input or Output Level
- Over Threshold LED
- Patented THRUST® Switch for frequency dependent side chain control
- 3 selectable compressor curve Knee settings
- Selectable New or Old switch for feed-forward or feed-back operation
- Selectable variable or auto compressor make-up gain
- Three way In/Out including full hard relay bypass
- Audio circuit uses 2520 and 2510 Discrete Op Amps with transformer output
The new 529 Stereo Compressor combines the unmistakable sound of API's compression technology with the convenience and popularity of the API 500 Series format. Carefully designed to deliver a wide range of compression options, the 529 delivers warmth, clarity and punch, whether used for subtle adjustments or heavy compression effects.
Based on the unprecedented success of the 2500, the 529 takes many of the features and controls from API's famous stereo compressor and puts them into the first dual slot 500 series module from API. This stereo compressor features API's patented THRUST® circuitry for a punchy low end, along with an Old/New switch that lets you choose between classic and modern compression characteristics: Old for vintage-style feedback compression and New for today's more common feed-forward compression. The Auto-makeup Gain button lets you adjust ratio and threshold controls without affecting the output level. Using API's discrete op-amps and transformer technology, the 529 delivers the legendary analog sound of API. The 529 is backed by API's unique 5 year warranty.
"This guy has mojo in spades that others do not have. With thrust on "loud" it adds an excitement to the sound that blows me away in either feed-forward or feed-back mode. While it's most known for adding that aggressive tone to rock n roll tracks, I find on bass-heavy hip-hop or dub music it really spreads the sound in the stereo field that accentuates the stereo image. Love this thing to death and I keep it permanently in my rack."
- Chaz Hurwitz
Producer - Last Stab Records
San Francisco, CA
Verollinen hinta 24%: